Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday AM

UPDATE:  Hey to 3 in Vegas!!! for the Garth concert.  Double suite!!!

My evening last night was a nice little 25+ mile ride over to the Illinois side to Port Byron with my pal Terry.  We met his much-better-half Linda at It's On The River for cool ones and sandwiches on the patio.  Very suite.

Terry's a much better rider than me, and it took him a while to figure out that it was not my goal to set a land speed record on our ride.  He's been riding quite a bit and has a higher base pace than me.  Once he throttled it back, it was a good workout for me, not a killer.  He needs to ride with @bcbison.

I'm not a big fan of the Illinois bike path in the Rock Island - Moline city limits.  Lots of turns, driveways/streets, and walkers.  On the other hand (Is that a country song?), the country roads on the Illinois side are generally better for bikers as there's less traffic and the pavement seems to be better-maintained. 

No big weekend plans at this end.  Iowa - Iowa State in IC tomorrow.  Iowa by 13?  I'm taking the 'Clones and the points.  ND by 4 at home over Michigan.  Over/Under at 53.  I'm thinking the Under.

SRH is headed North to look in on 1.01 as 1 is scheduled to do a 20-miler on Saturday.  1.1 too, maybe.  I may get The Winniferous tomorrow for my own training run/walk...of 3-4 miles.  We all do what we can do.  Some just quite a bit less than others!

Maybe some more later.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

fun times in the TC. srh got to see 1.01 before bed on Fri and babysat all AM today. 1.1 and I got in 20 miles at a race here in town. good weather for running and it feels good to have it under the belt for the marathon. it's been a while since I ran that far!! nice day here, lots of sun....1.1 is cashed out on the couch enjoying the college football games. MN had an embarrassing loss, but the Hawkeyes look good. Happy hour/dinner at Champps and then probably home to watch the Twins.

Don't worry.....we have DONUT HOLES!!!!!!