Monday, September 06, 2010

Monday

Sorry to have been off line for the weekend.  No excuses.

I've enjoyed the return of college football.  While the ND - Purdue game and tonight's Boise - Va Tech game are among equals, most of the BCS schools play lesser teams the first week, and the scores get a little one-sided.  They're called "money" games for the lesser schools as the fee that they receive to play from the BCS teams might meet their whole athletic budget for the year.  I call the teams generically, Directional U, as many of the schools are Eastern, Western, Northern, Southern or Middle State.

Modified fff here last night with 2 and 4 over for BBQ.  Hard to beat steaks and steamed veggies on the grill.  There may be a visit to The Airliner in IC tomorrow night.

The local disaster bureaucracy has wired the tornado warning sirens to sound-off whenever winds reach a certain level, like 55-60 miles per hour.  Last night around 10:30, they went off and kept going over much of the next two hours.  No tornado of course.  I'm thinking that there needs to be a revision to the plan.

2 reports that her 10 - year high school reunion this past weekend was a success.  Can't say that I have ever been much of a reunion guy (except for the family one, of course).  I think I have been to 3-4 high school ones over the years, and I went to one at ND in the early '80's.  My friend group from those years was pretty small.  Mostly because I was clueless.

Tomorrow really does begin the rest of the year for me.  Big tax return due date stuff for September 15th and October 15th.  TC marathon.  FFF in IC.  Turkey Trot.

Have a great week.

BCOT

No comments: