Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday

Looks like a decent day here after another rainy Saturday.  The marathoners had almost perfect conditions this AM: temps in the high 40's; no humidity; no wind.  Even for the four-hour folks.

Here's a little recognition for my pal Cal who completed the half in just over two hours.  He's a good athlete, but it amazes me how well he does when he really can't train consistently.  He's registered for Chicago.  Hmmm.

And as long as I was there with the camera, I snapped one of my pal Tim who owns the company that handles the on-line registration and the timing system.  He looks very official, eh?

They had big participation in the event.  My on-course vantage point was at about the 2-mile mark as everyone came across the I-74 bridge into Iowa.  Runners mostly had to call out to me as the mass hadn't really thinned out and it was impossible to pick out faces.  Like many of these mid-level marathons, they do the half, a 5K, as well as various relays.  The paper even had some pics from last nights' Micro Marathon for kids.  And they had a good finishline organization for runners and fans.  Kudos to all.

Just fielded an unexpected call from my pal Doug in DM wanting to have me join him and two others for the Penn State game next Saturday night in IC. If I wasn't otherwise scheduled, it would have been a great option.  He loses out to 1.01!

The new Home Page pic is from Grayhawk in Scottsdale.

More later.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

i want to go to scottsdale.

p is overtired from missing sleep last night and is freaking out right now. suite.