Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday

Sorry to have missed Wednesday. Some Italian red got in the way.

My pal Pete and I did the early morning ride today. My conditioning is definitely coming back. Pete dropped me only on the two bigger climbs. (He didn't power up at least one of the shorter hills, just to help me out, I think.) It really creates more opportunities for the rest of the day when the workout is done before the morning shower. This from a guy who has said for years that he wasn't a morning workout kind of guy. If you aren't willing to change your protocols, you shouldn't expect more-positive results.

Uncle Phil reports that they had the boat in Emerald Bay all day yesterday. Suite!

The last "major" of the PGA golf schedule is this weekend in Chaska, Minnesota (in the TC area). I vaguely remember a very negative comment from a touring pro following a previous championship held at the course, something to the effect that the only thing missing from the farm was a herd of cows. I checked Wikipedia and my memory was correct. Again. Back in 1970 when the course hosted the U.S. Open. I think that they have made many improvements to the place since then.

Numerous pro football pre-season games tonight. In just a couple of weeks, football will be on the tube every night of the week until Thanksgiving. Can't say that I am all that excited. Fantasy leagues are now in formation stages. This week's SI was almost entirely devoted to fantasy-team building. No interest in that at all. 1.1, you're on your own!

Looking forward to the weekend. A couple of key projects to get done by 5 tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: