Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday

Can't believe that we have more rain today! If @bcbison is out there this afternoon in this stuff, more power to him. I'm headed to some fine Italian red at my normal Friday hangout.

2 is making a bit of a spontaneous visit to 4 in Lincoln for the weekend. Sister bonding. The Buick is making the trip as an LtPC contribution. Margret will get some asphalt-time if this freakin' rain ever stops.

And 3 is in C-town for the weekend. I learned of it this AM on Twitter. Life in the fast lane.

My RCL is actually in Russia this month. The designated substitute, also Russian, is AWOL. I don't like my place's lack of attention. Still working on Plan C.

2 and I did a little Italy planning last night. She's gone into Google maps and plotted some likely destination points from our hotel in Verona, and will be doing the same with Turin. Pretty amazing what details you can bring up on local restaurants, museums and other points of interest. She says that I can use the same program to map my bike trips. But I usually just get a feel for how long I want to ride (based partially on how high the hills might be). We'll see.

If there is any doubt about the lack of identity in today's women's golf circuit, it is evident from the TV coverage (or lack there of) for this weekend's Solheim Cup being contested outside C-town. This is the women's equivalent of the Rider Cup which has become blockbuster entertainment over the last 20 years. It's the USA versus Europe. Rah-rah. The problem is that all the good players on the LPGA tour are either from Asia or Mexico. The Solheim Cup might better be compared to a minor league All-Star game.

Lance is in Ireland this weekend for a three day stage race. He's not expected to compete for the over-all title; I don't think that the hills in Ireland are high enough to separate out the true climbers. I think he's there for Livestrong publicity stuff. He draws a crowd.

No big plans here for the weekend. Biking. Yard work. Boring.

BCOT

No comments: