Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday II

I learned today that Kohl's changes "deals" from Saturday to Sunday. I had had my eyes on a luggage set to take care of my Italian needs, but didn't pull the trigger on Saturday specifically because I wanted to check if SRH had an additional discount coupon. (SRH always has discount coupons.) I figured that the same sale would continue to apply on Sunday. Wrong. You could say that I am a victim of inexperienced shopping. Then again, I'm sure that more product will be "on-sale" next week.

Don't mean to bore the peanut gallery with cycling trivia, but this guy deserves recognition. Hats off to George Hincapie, a teammate of Lance's on all seven of his wins in France. Big George won the US Pro Road Race today which entitles him to wear the Stars & Stripes jersey at all pro events over the next year. He's a pro's pro. (Another member of the European peloton, Dave Zabriski, won the individual time trial (for the fourth straight year!) yesterday, giving him similar privileges. These guys can ride with the best anywhere.)

I did salmon on the grill tonight. Along with a veggie potpourri in virgin olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette sauce. A bit above my normal menu of sandwiches and chips. California Suite! (This after NY Strips with 2 last night. The high life on Maplecrest Road!)

Another busy week ahead. The IRS has changed the drop-dead, extended due date for 2008 partnership returns to September 15 (from October15), so we have a number of clients who are used to the later date now on a shorter fuse. And my pal Bill is headed to New York City this Friday for a week or so to see US Open Tennis. So we have no choice but to pump a bunch of files out the door in the next five days.

Check in here for more educational pronouncements soon. Where in the world is 3?

BCOT

No comments: