Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday

A few lines from SB's on a cool, but sunny Sunday.

My pal Pete and I did another DeWitt ride this AM. Not easy as a slight headwind at the start turned into a full one by midway, so we had to work. But the tailwind on the way back was fun. Still, he dropped me on the big hill coming off the McCausland flats. I'm a wimp. The Wapsi is out of it's banks, and they actually had Old 61 closed to traffic overnight. Just a trickle of water coming over the road now. Still, hard to believe we have water issues in August.

2 and I did a little Italy planning over BBQ'd steaks and Italian red last night.

ESPN broadcast the opening football game from Parkersburg, Iowa on Friday night. That's the town where the long-revered coach was killed by a looney-tune earlier this year. It's noteworthy here because the teams wore "FFF" decals on their helmets. In their case, it stands for Faith, Family, and Football, a mantra of the former coach's.

The substitute RCL was through the homestead yesterday. She doesn't do quite as good of a job as The Real Deal, but her work was satisfactory, and much appreciated. It's not like I had a pit going, but I've become accustomed to the regular cleaning. Life is more in balance now.

I'll add more here later. Gotta go take care of the yard.

BCOT

No comments: