Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday

1 and 2 at the Twins' game last month.

Nice party last night for my pal Pete's 60th. His office staff did a nice job and several good friends from out of town even made the trip. I had him out on a late afternoon bike ride as a diversion. Naturally, I got him to the church a half hour late.

I'll post a picture here tomorrow. I loaded some pics on my desktop, but can't seem to access that file from my laptop, and I left the camera at the office.

This is one of those weeks where I am one day off. This feels like Thursday.

One of the unfortunate realities of my life is the fact that I'm going to have to change my route for weekday afternoon/evening bike rides. The DCC route has become way too busy for a casual ride. It's not a safety fear, but rather the stress of staying on high alert all the time. I'd say that traffic is up 20% over last year, which is a little surprising since housing starts/completions out that way aren't all that bustling. Whatever. Let's hear it for progress.

My pal Bill took off this morning for a Canadian fishing trip with three other old, old friends. They drove to International Falls, and then get flown in a pontoon plane to the camp and are dumped at the site. They're on their own for five days. I love Boom-Boom, but five days off the grid in remote Canada is outside my areas of interest. Not matter how much alcohol is involved.

For the Miss Homemakers in the crowd, my RCL does windows. Inside and out. She had me set out my step ladder for her use yesterday.

Have a great evening.

BCOT

No comments: