Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday

And just what happened to May?

The wife of my perfect neighbor (Jim) decided last week that she (Judy) wanted to raise some blueberries and raspberries. Since she has fully utilized her entire yard, she concluded that a nice sunny space behind my garage, in my yard, was the perfect place for the patch. So last night we had a planting party, setting out four bushes. Judy isn't someone to debate, so I just sat on the little hillside and watched. Jim and I just do what she tells us to do. We'll see if we get any berries. Probably not this year.

I was the guy who dumped his almost full grande Americano at SB's this AM. I was just sitting by myself in one of the plush chairs reading the paper with the cup on a side table. I reached for the cup, hit it perfectly, and pushed it right off the table. I'm wondering how many of those that they have each day? Fortunatly for me, I had none of my buds around to attest to my ineptitude. I'm sure that I'll do it again. Hoping it's not too soon.

My pal Roy is back in-country from his trip to Africa. Details tomorrow at coffee.

Here's a little news from Augustana basketball. They just released their 2009-2010 schedule. Along with their normal pre-season visits to other highly-ranked D-III schools (including two-time defending champion Washington out of StL), they take a little jaunt to Spokane on December 9th to play Gonzaga. Yes. That Gonzaga! Suite.

I'm also wondering how the broadcast networks rationalize any enthusiasm for advertising re-runs of their evening shows during the Summer. I mean, for example, CBS thought enough of The Unit to cancel it for next Fall. (I mean it wasn't a great show, so it's not like we're at a loss.) But throughout the last few holes of the Sunday PGA event, that went to two holes of sudden-death, they must have pitched The Unit a dozen times.

Let's see. This is a crap show, but because we have to air something to fill the slot, this is it, and it's a really good show!!! But it probably won't be here next week. Maybe those ad guys should go work for the closed Chrysler dealerships.

All for tonight. Have a great evening.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Thought the family marathoners would want to check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/health/02well.html?_r=1&ref=science