Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday

Checking in from the SB's down the street from 4's apartment in Lincoln. Not a lot different from any other SB's.

My day yesterday began early and all went according to the schedule. The U-Haul van was easy enough to drive, and I found 4's place with only a small amount of problems (just in her neighborhood). She lives in a typical large apartment complex with lots of units, in an area with lots of similar complexes. I suppose that you get to a college town, and there's a need for large numbers of rental places.

We did a little tour of Lincoln yesterday afternoon, and then had a nice evening together with dinner at a nearby Macaroni Grill, and then to the movies to see Star Trek. I continue to like the Macaroni Grill (although the wine list is a bit pedestrian), and we both agreed that the fam had seen much worse movies on Christmas Eves past.

I got the thrill of sleeping on the air mattress (not the worst experience of my life), and 4 got to celebrate her new bed (report to follow). The air mattress reminded me a little of the water bed that my roommate had when I was in grad school at Iowa. He had a cheap one that didn't have a "wave control" system, so you roll over and it's like you're at the beach. Since this air mattress is leak-free challenged, the wave thing was there.

We're headed to breakfast. And then I'm headed East. Love I-80.

More later.

BCOT

No comments: