Monday, June 08, 2009

Monday

One of the hardest circuits around Davenport CC ever tonight. Great tail wind on the outward leg, but brutal coming home. Standing peddling on the flat to maintain 8 mph. Ouch!!! If it's anything like that on Saturday morning, TOMRV will be a mail-it-in exercise.

The primary race in Europe this week is the Dauphine Libere which is a week-long stage race in southeastern France, and several of this year's TdF likely-contenders are in the peloton. Like many years, it has a number of climbs that are often also in the TdF. On the map this year is the Galibier, the mountain that is my primary objective in our trip to Italy in September.

My pal Pete's 60th birthday is this week. Such an old f**t. We're doing brewsky's on the deck at Guv's tomorrow to celebrate.

Looks like a big weekend move to Lincoln this week. U-Haul and all. More Real Life 101.

I'm wondering what the gay versus straight ratio was at the Tony's was last night. Actually, I'm not.

Is there a sports star more disliked than Kobe?

I'm hosting a little family reunion the weekend in July when Phil comes through town on his way to Ottumwa for his 50th high school reunion. Now I need to contact some family. We have a number of cousins and other shoe-string relatives in town. I'm so social.

All for now.

BCOT

No comments: