Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday

The best laid plans...

The plan was to have Mom and 4 head over to Lincoln early tomorrow in 4's car, and then 2 and I would follow with the U-Hall and Mom's car when I got done with my TOMRV ride later in the day. Unfortunately, the U-Haul connection didn't. So Mom and 4 will take what they can in the two cars and I'll take the big stuff over next weekend when we have the U-Hall arrangements all covered.

I plan to take off a little after 6 in the morning, if it's not raining. 2 is supposed to meet me 85 miles later in Galena at 2 PM. I'll stop several times along the way. Part of the entry fee is for the treats provided to the riders at the "sag" stops. Those stops are spaced at approximately 20 mile intervals. I should average 15-17 mph while riding. (I'll be one of the slower guys in the pack.) The scheduled finish in Dubuque is 108 miles. The return trip on Sunday is only 86 miles.

I'm taking the mini-digital along, so I should have some pics to post tomorrow night.

All for now. Good luck to the travelers.

BCOT

No comments: