Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday

My pal Bill and I are in the process of upgrading our mobile devices to smart phone technology. In addition to the normal comparison-shopping, we're having to bring in our office IT vendor and the IT boys from my B/D to make sure that all the email remains secure. Our situation is a little more complicated because our accounting firm and Criterium share an exchange server. Fire walls, span filters, synchronization, etc. and et al.

Once this decision gets made, we get to jump into the questions on our land line system. The fun never stops. The great part about this is that the solutions are always cheap.

In health-related news, I've started another dental project. My top front four teeth are on a bridge that has been cracked for a couple of years. In doing the math, I've figured that my normal annual out-of-pocket dental costs are less than the insurance premium, so I've decided to fix the bridge in 2009 and go off the insurance in 2010. (The bridge project exceeds $3K of which the insurance covers half.) As a preliminary measure, I'm now doing a little whitening program on the rest of my teeth in anticipating a slightly whiter replacement bridge. I feel so Hollywood.

Quite a bit of golf the rest of this week. A guest event at the course in Muscatine. Should be fun if the rain stays away.

More tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: