Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday

Well, we have a day of change here on 4Kdays. It started with "Twitter", which led to the reformatting of my blog page, and the Twitter thing is still in development. Technology is a never-ending story.

I had become aware of Twitter during the political campaign. (Not all of The Old (Right) Guard were oblivious to contemporary communications!) But my curiosity was not truly peaked until this week when Lance's twitters became instant news in the TofC. So I took the time this afternoon to check it out and set up an account. I'm guessing that the phone access is next.

I can see where political operatives with the need for instant information can gain some leverage with Twitter. And celebrities who have large followings (and egos) can feed the media from their Blackberries in the limos. I'm pretty sure that there's no crying need in the vapor-sphere for any detailed minutia on my comings and goings. I guess we'll see.

Another big hit (miss?) on the day was A-Fraud. I failed to watch his press conference, but the reviews weren't too good. Of course, he stood no chance with the critics. Given his contract, demeanor, and Mendoza-line batting average in October, nothing he could say would (will) change his taint among the Baseball Writers of America (who just happen to be the voters for the Hall of Fame). The good ol' boys from the 40's, 50's and 60's who partied their way season after season, and got a pass from the press, are enshrined.

I've always said that today's mudrakers got their licenses to dig from Bernstein and Woodward. The standard today is what it is. A-Rod knows it. I just don't like the media judges thinking that they have some high ground to protect for the benefit of society. Kind of like paper coffee cups. My world isn't changing because some hack was able to leak a positive test on A-Rod. Whatever.

A great day here on the homestead. It was RCL day!

Does anyone outside of Michigan actually think that GM is worth saving?

Spin in the AM. Dubuque for a late morning meeting. Busy times.

Have a great evening/day. Look for a twitter!

BCOT

No comments: