Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday

I'm thinking that Punxsutawney Bill saw his shadow today and that we now have six more weeks of Winter. As though we didn't know that Winter wasn't done!

The clock has officially started for the trip to Italia. I jumped on the airline tickets today. Depart September 15th out of O'Hare for Milan. Change planes in Munich on the way over and Copenhagen on the way back. Now 2 will need to get on the stick with the itinerary.

And 1.1 reached out and suggested a Cubs weekend when the Twins are at Wrigley in early June. It's a possibility, but that's TOMRV weekend, and 2 will need to pick me up in Galena on Saturday afternoon, and we'll have to head straight to C-town to make dinner. Lots of planning still to do on this one.

My pal Bill sprung for a massage therapist for his staff this afternoon. I can honestly say that the idea of bringing a masseuse to the office as an employee appreciation effort never quite hit my radar screen. I took my place in line (last), and I think that I was a lost cause.

Finally, there was a brief article in the WSJ Weekend edition about "Open That Bottle Night". The short story, if you're saving that good bottle of wine for a special occasion, make sure that you figure out a special occasion to drink it. I chose the Super Bowl to pop the cork on a Kenwood Jack London cabernet that had been gathering some dust. An excellent choice. Life is short. (It didn't even feel too bad at spin this AM!)

So have a great day.

BCOT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm coming to the twins/cubs weekend, too! COUNT ME!!

Anonymous said...

suite:)

Anonymous said...

I mean I have no definite plans after May 16th at this point so my calendar is free....

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...sounds like a good time to me....