Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday

Looks like we have a lot of interest in C-town. You guys figure it out.

RevKev has shown a lot of enthusiasm in the New Year. I thought one of the reasons that you chose education as a career was to create scheduling flexibility. I'm not sure that 0430 work outs in the middle of January/February fit my vision of the Ivory Towers.

My Russian cleaning lady was here today! Yea! All's right with the world again!

The IRS has issued a new form. It's called the Form 1040DEM. Think about it.

For the last couple of days, the road crews have been out grinding down the expansion-joint bumps that had popped up on the main drag by our office (that was actually re-black-topped just last Fall). I'm thinking that this little episode is a vignette of performance in any division of government. Think TARP, stimulus, or Madoff. My confidence is low. I am not alone.

The European Destinations website that I used for the Italy tickets last night, called today saying that they couldn't process my request. They claimed that their shtick is that they need to book at least the hotel or car in addition to the air. Even though their system allowed me to do just the flight. So they directed me to an air-only site, and I re-booked the same flights from the night before...for an additional $90. What do you think that the airlines' normal kick-back is to the vacation sight? Whatever.

So a little short tonight.

Have a great day tomorrow.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

It's the 1 hour commute each way and my attempt to avoid the peak traffic by getting out of town early, which results in the 04darkish workouts. Erica hits the gym at night, so I'm home w/ Sage. My options are limited. The workouts get harder as the week gets longer. The folks that have the real flexibility are the faculty. Administrators not so much. :)