Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday

Another day of recovery. But much better sleep last night, and the aches are diminishing. Still, no spin class for a few days.

I was lamenting at coffee this morning about the reality that it will likely cost me several thousand dollars to replace the Buick. (Insurance pays the current value of the car, which will be less than what a suitable replacement will cost.) My pal Tim (the author) reminded me that, "Cars are replaceable!)

It looks like the FFF for early June in C-town has been canned in favor of St. Louis when the Twins visit in late June. Tickets for Wrigley were sold out for two of the three games, and expensive for the third day. Scalping was an alternative, but the total cost for the weekend for the TC crowd became an issue. I'll be chatting with 2 to see if StL is in our future. Seeing the new Busch Stadium might be worth the trip.

High school girls basketball tournaments are in full swing in both Iowa and Illinois. The boys must start next week. My life focused on that tournament when I was that age. Of course, that was in a time before cable/satellite TV, video games, or the Internet. Towns got fully involved with their teams. It's still big in small towns, but the bigger schools often play before sparse crowds. The kids just have lots of other choices.

I'm thinking that I'm going to impose myself on friends for a couple more days and seek rides to my destinations. It's a new movie: Driving Lt. PC.

Here's a little recognition to 2 and 4 for a little support for Dear Old Dad. These were taken earlier this evening over at Mom's where we enjoyed some Chicken Noodle Soup for The Accident Victim.

Have a great evening/day

BCOT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyone should 'meet me in st. louis, louis'. we could re-create some old family photos from the 80's....besides it's a short drive for you all:)

Anonymous said...

ahem? Short drive?

also.. your hair looks cute Susan.

Anonymous said...

well, not for you i guess. but don't you want to come just so you can sing that song?