Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday


11 possible correct answers to the question, "What is Ice?":

1. A hot shot pilot with Maverick in Top Gun.
2. What ran through Bird or Jordan's veins at game time.
3. What's on the road when you do an unexpected 360.
4. What's also known as rocks in a drink at the bar.
5. The last name of a white rapper named Vanilla?
6. Who, with a T, was/is a black rapper in Law & Order?
7. What is also known as stolen diamonds?
8. What 4 wheel drive vehicles are no better on?
9. What kind of a stare, with a "y", that I get from the hot babe at the bar.
10. What you try to do to a kicker about to attempt a game winning field goal.
11. What you need to put in your cell phone contacts list.

OK. So the list was a little sketchy. But the 11th entry is news to me. Since I had my phoned turned in to SB's yesterday, I learned that the finder's good intentions are only as good as the decipherable numbers in the phone. In my case, "House" happens to be my abbreviation for Sue's place. Which really doesn't do any good when she's not home. And since I have no land line anyway, direct contact to me is not going to happen.

I do have "Office" listed, which seems like a good option in the middle of the day, but they aren't Batista's for no reason. But I digress.

ICE. In Case of Emergency. It's a universal code, I am told. They need to make that one of the first instructions to cell phone owners. Never had heard of it. It's in the phone now.

So that's all for today. Glad ReveKev is up 'n at 'em in the middle of the night. That boy needs a life.

BCOT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

from what i've been told once you have kids you lose the right to have a life?

if it makes you feel better, i've never heard of the ICE acronym either.

Kristen Charles said...

If I saw ICE in a contacts list, I would not call it!!

I would assume it was the nickname for your cocky friend from high school or a random from a bar.

And just imagine how embarassing it could for the person who lost her phone to have the finder call the guy at the bar!

Anonymous said...

I think 1 just wants kids to validify her 8pm bedtime. Okay, I exaggerated. 9 if CSI is on.

camperkev said...

validify?

on a more serious note to those potentially having kids in the future (coming from one that thought he would never have kids) it's amazing once you do have kid(s) how quickly you think what did i ever do with my time before kid(s)? The truth to it is that you choose the new life you have with kid(s) over the one pre-kid(s)...and you never have the desire to look back b/c you find that you have found a level of content that you never knew existed. It's a neat adventure. And...you get to be excited about the little things and find yourself saying things such as, "guess who pooped in the potty today?"