Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday

Sorry for the absence. Friday was a typical Friday with Tuscan red. Saturday just got busy.

Here's a shot of my pal Pete, spouse, and Augie senior from last night's Senior Night festivities. Big win for the home team, which 2 and I thoroughly enjoyed. For continued exceptional performance in all things, Pete earns a first ever for 4000 Days, Friend of the Day! I took him to the airport at 0450 this morning for a much-deserved trip to the tropics. (If you can't take your bud to the airport at oh-dark-hundred, what good are ya?)

Enjoyed 1's comment on Wednesday's post about her cart at school. Is a teacher with a cart related to a Bag Lady? Actually, I do remember authentic bag ladies on the streets of Chicago. On both ends of the spectrum. My guess is that both categories are still there on the streets of C-town today.

Another quick trip over to IC to see 4 for lunch earlier today. We went to a place near The Airliner that serves exclusively burgers. With all kinds of options for condiments and cheeses. With fries...or not. No other sides. So, since I am off potatoes, I had a burger. Period. Not bad, but a little cold slaw or veggie option would have been nice.

Busy traffic on I-80 coming back the the QCA. There must be some rule about truckers cooling their heels until afternoon on Sundays because the big rigs were definitely out in greater force on the return trip. Which made taking this pic of my favorite tree a bit of a challenge. My guess is that the guy I was passing as I set my camera on top of the steering wheel may have got a little nervous.

Taking pictures from the car is probably a little less dangerous than doing crosswords, as was my wont before my eyes went bad. When it got to the point where I had to take my glasses off to do the crosswords, while driving, I concluded that maybe I should wait till I got to my destination to complete the puzzles.

How different is doing puzzles while driving with texting while driving? Or dialing? Or logging on? Again, fodder for another day.

This old tree has seen a lot of the Times of My Life. From those first trips in the '60's when I first went to ND, to those many trips from the QCA to Ottumwa to visit the farm when the girls were young. And all those visits to IC for FFF. If it could talk, it might gives us a shout every time one of us rolled past.

All the sports pundits now sit in judgment of A-Rod. I'm not much of an A-Rod fan, but listening to these hacks pontificate from On High is at least as bad. On another day, I will vent further (and, admittedly, again) on this segment of media low-lifes.

3 should give us some details on her weekend experience in the Big Apple, including her version of The Wheels on The Bus.

So hope everyone has a great week. More 50's here which means that even the dirty piles of snow should soon be gone.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: