Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

Well, it's been an interesting 30+ hours. Lousy sleeping last night. Just couldn't find a good position. Finally, I ended up on the couch with a bunch of pillows to prop me up.

I had my pal Ron come by and take me to SB's around 0730. Dr. Cal told me at coffee this morning that I could take ibuprofen with the Vicodin and doing so helped with the overall body aches.

I had to go into the office as I had arranged appointments for a couple of clients who needed Saturday times. I did OK.

I completed my writing assignment this afternoon. The prompt was a question: "Why are they all red?" Although the prompt came in an email last night, I just had no ability to address it then. So I gave it my best shot after my meetings this morning. Generally, my angle was a discussion about Tiger Woods always wearing red shirts in the final round of golf tournaments.

Snow here over night. About 2-3 inches.

4 is coming in tonight to check me out. We'll do din-din someplace, which won't be as good as The Airliner.

All other things having been equal, I would have traveled to Bloomington, Illinois tonight with my pal Pete for the Augie game at Illinois Wesleyan. It's a big game for Augie: a win and they are assured a birth in next week's 4-team conference tournament. A loss, and they need help by another team also losing.

All for now. I may add more after dinner with 4.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa - that was some kind of smash up! Glad you are okay and in good spirits.