Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday

This is Daughter of the Day for tax-Valentine's Day. I need to get some new photos to add to my inventory.

I'm headed into Wheaton, Illinois later this afternoon with my pal Pete to attend the Augie game. I had such a good time two weeks ago when I went to the Illinois Wesleyan game, that I decided to have another go at it. I'm taking the laptop and I'll be trying to add to this posting from the road. Augie beat these guys last month at home, and should win tonight, but road games are always iffy. In any league.

Roger Clemens has been all over the news today with his testimony before Congress. He has absolutely put up a wall of denials. All we know for sure is that somebody is lying. It ain't a pretty sight.

Did you see that Vandy - Kentucky score from last night? Vandy by 40! Unbelievable. I had watched parts of the first half, and, if you were a Kentucky fan, it was embarrassing. Vandy was doing whatever they wanted to do. And Kentucky couldn't even get up a shot. Tubby, where are 'ya? Granted. The game was in Nashville. But by 40?

All that said, this guy will win at Kentucky. If the fans give him some space.

And the Tennessee women stole a game from Rutgers the other night. Theft. Robbery. They got homed. A foul call with .2 of a second left, on pushing for a rebound? I thought at the time, a fair coach would have told her player to purposefully miss the foul shots. Better to put up with your own rabid fans than to unjustly take the win. No wonder UConn doesn't want to go there for a game.

Can't say that Craig Wilson's Valentine's column today warmed my heart. He and his partner have made their life together. Not that's there's anything wrong with that (quoting Jerry). But a man talking about his lover, "Jack", fills none of my fantasies.

More on this entry later. I think.

BCOT

No comments: