Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday

I would hope most of my readers would be able to identify the location shown in the photo. One of our favorite spots over the years at Tahoe. (No, this is not one that I took when I climbed up the mountain that one year. I didn't get half this high. And what I did do was work.) Now you guys need to put your thoughts together on what schedules might work best for Tour de Tahoe '08. T-shirts for sure!

They're talking about another pretty serious Winter storm here over night. 6+ inches are in the forecast. Like we need it.

The gal who wrote the last page column in last week's Sports Illustrated elected to use Lance Armstrong as the comparable reference point for her negative take on Roger Clemons. I thought it a bit unnecessary, but my guess is that the writer, one Selena Roberts, harbors an anti-Lance position from some distant history. I see in Wikipedia that she has the NYT on her resume, and has been willing to string up any figure(s) that might cross her spin on a given deal. Including the Duke lacrosse players and ND for the Willingham firing. I can guess her position on the investigative story that the Times wrote last week on McCain. Who needs the courts when these public figures can be convicted by omnipotent reporters?

I was a no-show for the Oscars last night. Not that I've ever been much of a fan. But when the films being awarded are ones that most people don't go to see, it makes a person wonder about the relevance of the event beyond the immediate participants. And these folks stick up their noses at the entertainment followed by the masses. I'll catch my next theater flick on December 24th.

I'm off to watch Big Monday. What are we, 20 days from Selection Sunday?

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bourne Ultimatum won three Oscars; Best Sound, Best Editing, Best Sound Editing.

Look out for the fourth movie!!