Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday

Here is the Daughter of the Day. She was selected at random as the process doesn't allow you to preview the selected image before it is added to the blog. I will attempt to add another image tomorrow.

Last night was an odd deal. Verizon just wasn't sending out a catchable signal. And I don't know whose wireless system allowed me to get on-line from my house. Then, as I checked mail before going to bed, the Verizon signal caught on.

Today is Lincoln's birthday. Happy Birthday, Abe!

The saga with 3's phone transfer goes on. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, the actual Transfer of Service action is starting over for another 60 day verification period. I told the service center representative that I really didn't believe anything that she had to say. She, of course, assured me that "the new" AT & T was very happy to service my account. Right.

I'm wondering if 1 is in line to buy the latest Nike Air Jordan 23's at $185 a pair? CNBC has been running a storyline all day about the once and continuing Michael Jordan shoe phenomena. It's been worth millions to Nike.

This is also the launch day for the SI swimsuit edition. Actually, I think that the cover was unveiled on Letterman last night. I was mildly curious, but fell asleep. The cover girl made it on to CNBC today as they discussed the economic impact of that magazine on the Time Warner financial statement.

The various female CNBC on-air talent roll their eyes as the male reporters drool during their "reporting" of these soft-core stories (Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Hollywood Biz, the annual Adult Films Convention in Vegas, etc., etc.). The show is just catering to the predominantly male audience.

So now that I have crossed the line and put a picture on the blog, I'll need to study the process to spice up the show. Actually, my original intent was to publish Aunt Martha's 2008 reading list. That may come later.

So have a good evening out there. Stay warm.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't think i didn't notice the moon comment. i know it was directed toward me. if only i had the time to come up with a snappy retort. instead, i'm trying not to turn into an ice block.
we should look at starting the trip at the end of july and getting into early august. what days are hot august nights exactly?
i promise to add more this weekend. thank god for national holidays.
and make sure that whatever picture you decide to put up when i make daughter of the day is a good one. (i've been getting the brush-off lately, so i'm sure it will be a while before i warrant that title....;)