Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday

This is not a picture out my office window, but it could be. The slightly belligerent cardinal that lives some where around our building has been knocking on several windows throughout the Winter. He might actually have a concussion at this point. At the very least, he's not all that bright. And definitely a slow learner.

3 reports that she participated in her first spin class at her new health club yesterday. The instructor was your typical spin-class-feminazi. I think that there must be a school that all the instructors go to because I've never heard anybody describe a spin class leader as anything less than a highly vocal task-master.

I purchased a simple rubber ball about the size of a Christmas tree decorative bulb this week to exercise my right hand. There had been little improvement in the strength of my thumb since the first of the year and I decided that it needed to get stronger before I hit the roads. I keep the ball in the office and take it in my car, squeezing it through a variety of angles with the thumb and fingers. They had prescribed a putty ball for this purpose back last Fall that I elected not to pursue. Maybe they were right.

Indiana has a mess on their hands. It's the unfortunate result of hiring a basketball coach with low standards. In addition to his affinity for illegal recruiting phone calls (and the possibility of lying to the school and the NCAA about it), his willingness to allow an Illinois-committed recruit to renege and attend Indiana scores an epicly low-character quotient on my scale. He recruits a type of player that makes it hard to root for whatever team it is that he coaches.

There's the possibility that I could end up in Naperville tonight for the Augie game. My pal Pete needs to give me a call to make it happen. Otherwise, it will be a quiet evening on the home front. I have lots that I could so.

Hope everyone has a good day. See you tomorrow from SB's.

BCOT

No comments: