Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday

More Winter. And more on the way.

I'm bitching about 3-4 inches of recent snow. Uncle Phil advises me that he spent five hours yesterday shoveling the two feet that they got in Incline. But he's retired. And it's good exercise for an old f**t.

Sounds like 3 and 4 will be passing ships through the QC this weekend. Hope that they each find time to spend with DOD (Dear Old Dad). A little fff?

Dicky V returns to ESPN b-ball tomorrow night for Duke-Carolina. Since Erin missed Big Monday, will she appear for ACC Wednesday? Say what you want, Dicky V is a Yea Hoo to beat the band. But he's the biggest supporter of college basketball, and I've never heard him talk badly about any player, even some of the felons. And his unabashed plugging of the V Foundation and other cancer causes gives him a full pass on all the foolishness that he brings to the telecasts.

Speaking of college basketball, you've probably seen the stories of Bobby Knight calling it quits. I've never had the problem with him the way that most of the media types have. Can't say that I've supported all of his antics, but I don't think that many of his players ever doubted his positions. Most reporters hated him because he didn't give them credit for much. That elevates his stature on my scale all by itself. (The local hack will most definitely give him another blasting in a future column. The General must have put him in his place at one point, and the boy just hasn't been able to let it go.)

I was expecting to watch NCIS at 7PM here, a favorite show of mine. Unfortunately, Katie Couric appeared for a political report on the Super Tuesday primaries, and I immediately wretched. It had nothing to do with the report (although if I had listened, it might of). The blog has been delayed for laptop clean-up.

Tonight's libation is a 2005 Liberty School cabernet. Smooth.

Not much else to add. Hope everyone has a good evening.

BCOT

No comments: