Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday

I think I wrote about this before, but I had another one of those mornings when I "knicked" myself while shaving and had one of those forever bleeders. That's one of the reasons why I hate to shave. If there were sharks out, I would have been deaded meat.

Busy day here today with many things going on. I have morning meetings in Dubuque tomorrow which will make for a very quick Friday.

Is there anything as silly as the USA building a fence along the Mexican border? Do people drink tainted water in DC and lose all rational thought? The best editorial cartoon showed the US guys erecting a 20 foot fence and a guy just across the border selling 21 foot ladders.

Another incident today of reading about the death of a client in the morning obituaries. When you work with an older clientel, this is not an uncommon event. This was an older gentleman whose wife had passed away a few years ago, and he never got over it. He had managed to live pretty independently these last several years, but he wasn't what you would call healthy. Roy and I talk at coffee about what the conversation might be like among the survivors when we make the papers, and we figure that the stories will not all be complimentary.

2 and I are headed for another run tonight. In the rain.

3 is on her way back to more interviews in NYC (NYC!) tomorrow. Go Girl! The Lt. likes the concept of well-paid, full time employment for his progeny.

Thanks to 4 for the nice, hand-written "thank you" note for the Dad's Day event.

Maybe the Card's can get a win in tonight, but the forecast is not so good. For many of my readers, a Thursday night forecast may be Grey anyway.

Be careful out there

No comments: