Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday PM

Here's that second entry that I hinted at earlier today.

2 and I are headed for the Shel Silverstein route later this evening.

The big chill is coming this way later this week. I saw one forecast where the low was to be 30 one night. That should take care of my tomato vines. My neighbor's leaves are falling into my back yard. I mowed/mulched through the mess on Sunday and because it has been so dry, the mower did a good job and I didn't have to bag. Life is good. Remember the Martian eggs on Scott Street?

My buddy Jake's Pants is now involved in a real estate deal on the Baja of Mexico. If that turns out profitable, I'll have to brush up on my Spanaish. Habla Espanol?

I learned this weekend that Iowa football season ticket holders had to pay additional "contributions" this year to keep their spots. One of my Des Moines clients has 4 seats quite a ways up in the west stands and it cost him $600 a ticket to be able to then purchase the tickets. I don't know the details or if there were variable rates based on the section/row of the seats. It's the equivalent of a surcharge to pay for the stadium renovations.

ND is leveling a similar fee next year. They want to renovate the older parts of the stadium that did not receive attention when they added on the second deck a few years ago. No signs or naming rights. Just send money and be glad about it.

The tree in my front yard has thousands of little red berries. The birds are feasting. I'll try to get 3 a picture for the collection. I also have a ground squirrel who likes the cherry tomatos. And the mangey cat is still living under my deck. Its a veritable nature area all around me!

So I'm off to see 2 and Shel.

Be careful out there.

No comments: