Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday

Happy Tax B-day to 3!

Tough day for the Hawks, Clones and the 24 car.

3 and 4 had a successful, but brief visit here yesterday. We did lunch at Sports' Fans and listened to a jerk near us yell and cuss at every tough play for the Hawks. The Bad Fan lives.

Roy and I did a high-end dinner last night at the new steak place in Moline. The Chop House, or something like that. It was the Blue Ribbon before it closed earlier this year. Now, they have the Centro people running it. We each had a New York Strip steak and they were excellent. Sides, appetizers and the like were a la carte. With 2 drinks each, the tab was about $120 before tip.

Tomorrow is the filing date that has been the focus of most of our work over the last several weeks. Most of the work is done, but it will be a busy day.

I have a training seminar over in DM on Tuesday. That means that the rest of my business life actually begins on Wednesday.

The cold nights last week killed the tomato vines and any other flowering plants. I put the indoor plants that had been outside into my garage . They have to be cleaned and de-bugged before I bring them inside for good. My enthusiasm for my plants is waning. Too much work.

I remember this time of year was always busy at our Scott Street house. Painting. Winterizing. Putting up the storm windows. Raking leaves. I don't miss that on-going maintenance work of an older home.

This has been a pretty ordinary entry. Then again, I have missed doing entries the last couple of Sundays, so by comparison, this is brilliant literature!.

Still missing 4.

Be careful out there.

No comments: