Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday

Great evening in IC last night. The Theta girls did a fine job of hosting their dads. I am very proud of 3 and 4. It was good to hear both of them talk about the things that they are doing now and hope to do in the future. Thanks for the evening!

The trip over and back was pretty routine. But it was a little more difficult than normal because of the rain. Sure hope we have better luck on the weather next weekend. The new Buick has been on the I-80 track 4 or 5 times in the last month. And 4 talks about coming this way a lot!

The Hawkeye's played well, but Michigan was just too good. I was surprised to see the bar/grill that we went to for a sandwich on the East side of town so empty during the game. Everybody either stayed home or were in the downtown places.

The best part of the game was when we switched channels and saw ND pull out the win against UCLA. From an economics perspective, that win was literally worth millions to ND. If they had lost, they would have most assuredly been headed to a Gator Bowl-like post season game. They could still lose a game (they do have to play USC on the Thanksgiving weekend), but if they don't, those BCS games are worth $10 mil or so. Actually, I think they changed the rules last year to limit how much ND can get since the Irish don't have to share it with other league members like other BCS schools.

The Cardinals had a good night.

Cool out there today. I have plants to get indoors and yardwork to clean up around my house. I think that the temps are a little below normal for this time of year. We should have a few nice days over the next few weeks, but probably not many in the 80's.

3 has two trips to NY this week. Good luck, girl!

4 has a new resume in draft. She's hoping to find a summer internship in broadcasting, somewhere. She'll be getting the resume out to the clan this week after some editing help from us. We need to help her dig up contacts. It's always hard for a sophomore to get the good internships because companies are usually looking at juniors who will be entering the workforce the following year.

Short track racing today. The 24 is 10th out of 10 in the Chase after 3 or 4 just awful finishes. They're still turning left!

Oh. I almost forgot. I did 4.8 yesterday in 54 minutes! I think the the TT is going to be ok as long as I stay injury-free. I doubt if 55 is in the cards, but who knows? Yesterday I had planned to do 2 runs to make up for a light week of workouts. But I didn't get started until after 10:30 and I knew I was going over to IC later, and I didn't want to shower twice. So after I had been out there about half way up Devils Glen, I was feeling ok and decided to just stretch out my distance and only do one run. I tried to avoid hills and it worked out just fine. Life is good.

Chicago marathon today. That may have been an ok race for the runners to run, but it was a high stress event for the chasers. The Chicago sports talk radio station that I listen to, and complain frequently about, was broadcasting yesterday from the race expo at McCormack Place. I remember that spot being a zoo for packet pick-up the year of 1's race. Fun, but a zoo.

2 announced Friday that she and a couple of friends might do a half in St. Louis in the Spring. Whoa! Could this be a reason for her to blog?

So I'm outta here to do some domestic things. Have a great end to your weekend.

Be careful out there.

No comments: