Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday

More terrorist stuff today. Ugly. Impossible to understand.

1 got back to Minnesota with no problems.

As I was getting back home from my ride last night, I'm headed south on Devil's Glen, just past the Forest Grove intersection. I'm grinding along at 14mph or so with a southerly breeze in my face. Without hearing or seeing her earlier, there's a "woosh" to my left and a young female rider just blows past me and is 200 yards ahead of me before I even figure out I've been dusted. She had to be doing 21-22 into the breeze. I was offically humbled. That's why I usually ride by myself. I'm so slow.

Did I previously report that I made a diversion to what has become my favorite wine shop while I was in KC last week? Stocked up on Tuscan red. Many that I've not seen on the shelves in the QC. For those who visit, I share.

Had my first tomatos from my garden last night. Actually, I had been sampling the cherry tomatos earlier. These were the regular size. Pretty good. Not as good as two years ago, but much better than the disaster of 2005.

The Big Unit had a no-no going for six innings last night for the Yankees against the Pale Hose. When the moon and the stars line up correctly, he can make good hitters look very ordinary. And he's 43.

Tomorrow is 3's last day for her summer internship in Ctown. And 2 should get her car. A big day for both.

I'm off to do a short ride.

Be careful out there.

No comments: