Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday AM

Hey to all. Sorry I missed yesterday, but I just never got back here after an early morning drive-by before church.

2 and I had our usual Sunday morning of Church and Ross's. The gospel was the one about women obeying their husbands. I thought that Monsignour might offer-up a comment to deflect the directness of the message, but he chose to let it pass. The Church gives lip-service to modern sexual equality, but the truth lies closer to the gospel's literal presentation.

4 has a cold. Lost her voice. Hope the bad carma passes quickly.

This week truely marks the end of summer. The days have really begun to shorten. It's dark at 6AM. And the evening sun is geting lower and lower.

I made a choice yesterday to begin training for the Turkey Trot. I was trying all day to work up the energy to get on the bike, and I just couldn't do it. There is no goal out there. At least not until next year. The Turkey Trot is something that I can do, I think. Anything under an hour will be a success. Just doing a 2.3 mile flat course to start with these next couple of weeks. And I'm also going to do a nightly session on the weights, erg, and bench in my basement.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week. More later.

Be careful out there.

No comments: