Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday

Another warm day here.  I had a long-sleeved dry-fit over a polo golf shirt, and didn't put on my coat for lunch or an afternoon errand.  I like it. 

One of the items of big news in sports this week has been the issuance of the SI Swimsuit edition.  We still get the magazine at the office, and the cheesecake came in yesterday's mail.  I've lost almost complete interest.  Almost.  Not quite.  (I did reduce her cleavage for this fam-friendly site.)

I've endured all day the mis-match color combination of my black dry-fit and my previously-thought-to-be-black-but-actually-dark-navy polo shirt.  This is a dilemma that I regularly face in the mornings; that is, the telling the difference between black and navy shirts (since most of my golf shirts are either black or navy).  The anomaly today was that the selected polo shirt was specifically purchased as a black shirt last month at Grayhawk.  By me.  And I think that I have worn it a couple of times since then.  As a black shirt.  I am a man of many talents.  Color distinctions not one of them.

The half-price wine night last night at Biaggi's was a good time.  The favorite bottle was a Jordan Cabernet.  Even at half price, it was a little pricey, but it was a nice treat.  Very smooth.  Modest crowd compared to last year when they must have done a little more publicity.  But there had been the long Valentine's weekend.  And I think that they had a "Wine Dinner" on the schedule for one night this week as well (like seven courses?).  Even wine snobs have a limit.

My earlier NASCAR prediction for Sunday's Daytona 500 Dale Earnhardt Lap 3 commemoration and Junior leading the field is hereby withdrawn.  He wrecked his primary car in practice today and he's now in his back-up, starting (by rule) at the rear of the field. I don't think that they'll shuffle him forward for Lap 3.

We are a clan of readers.  The Border's bankruptcy filing today was expected, I guess, but it's a pretty sobering reality check for bricks-and-mortar providers of goods that may be destined for the Internet.  I mean, I still enjoy meandering through the Border's stores, but I rarely buy a book there.  My recent excursion on Amazon is a perfect example of the modern consumer.

Blockbuster Video is still trying to operate in bankruptcy.  Again, bricks-and-mortar. 

Lots of comments by the girls on the Valentine's Day posting.  http://www.thehoranies.com/  I've never been a big fan of the day, but I don't absolutely dislike it in the vein that I dislike Halloween.  I'm thinking that most men past a certain age are just trying to avoid trouble on that day.  Some are more successful than others in that quest.

I'm ending my day on a bit of a bummer.  I stopped at the Cook Hospice house on the way home to visit with the family of an all-time Top Ten client who is spending his last few hours there.  Not a young man.  Pancreatic cancer.  Ugh.  I had to open a top-shelf Louis Martini when I got home. 

But a forgotten bonus coming home?  RCL day.  Suite!

Make Thursday a good one.

BCOT


No comments: