Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday

Glad that the week is winding down.  The stresses of more volume on my "to-do" list makes for less fun at the office.  It is amazing how much it takes to get certain projects "out-the-door".  I know that I'm not the most efficient person around, but I think that it's more than just me.  The challenge of getting from "here to there" with some tasks is just hard-wired to be a slog up-hill.  Whatever.

4 relates that there was a ripple in the force at her station when a viewer or two called in this week to object to the on-air use of the term (word/acronym?) snafu.  I didn't even bother to Wikipedia it, but I suspect that it has either a military or government-service origin: Situation Normal; All F***ed Up.  Interesting.  Usage of the term has been fairly common in my lifetime, among various social strata, without particular unease.  I'd say that for the military or government-service, usage is probably more accurate than not in describing daily activities.

I've actually been more uncertain of propriety in the use of "WTF" in current day communications.  The LSM (sorry, Left Coast) got a little huffy after Palin's needle at the Big O for his Win The Future slogan in the SOTU speech.  In my opinion, that would have been a fine observation at the Washington Press Club roast, but it probably didn't need to make the open wires that following day.

My shoulder is already improving.  I met with a physical therapist this morning and will be doing some stretching exercises over the next few days to get that range of motion back to a more normal setting.  All good news.

I did have a run-in with the PT office administration yesterday after I made the appointment.  They are so bureaucratic and fixated with procedure that I couldn't handle the third call that came to me about the appointment.  I was in the middle of a separate problem here at the office with a couple of Compliance people at my broker/dealer who were obviously not talking to each other , and who both were young and fixated with their own procedures.  And the PT folks kept calling me Paul, which means they hadn't read the chart.  And they were rushed because my appointment was the next morning and they had "all this stuff" they needed from me.  I was not a pleasant patient.

Headed out for Friday wine.  Maybe a little more here later.

I'm guessing Mubarak was holding out for a better retirement package.  That yacht on the Med did it.

BCOT

No comments: