Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday

3 has posted on her weekend in the Hamptons.  http://www.thehoranies.com/

My post from Tuesday was actually written Saturday afternoon in the TC (under the watchful eye of 1.01) and submitted last weekend for a local writing contest.  A competition that I earned third place in a couple years ago.  The judges this year were not so impressed.  Hmmm.  3 has suggested that I use the interview as the basis for a longer story on Tommy Hardin.  I'm thinking that it has the right basics for me; baseball, Chicago, wine, hotdogs, and writing a book.  Why not got with it? Look for a little High Over First here in the future.

More good news on the shoulder today.  My follow-up with the ortho doc was basically, "LtPC, you're good to go!"  Not even the second cortisone shot, or any additional supervised PT.  Life is good.

I don't understand the dynamics of the collective bargaining agreements in major professional sports.  (And I thought the acronym stood for the Continental Basketball Association!)  There were numerous trades this week of some big name players in the NBA before a certain league-set deadline.  And we had the Lebron/Bosh/Miami thing last Summer.  And all the talk at Mike & Mike on ESPN (among others) is about the expiring NFL contract in March.  And they can't sign Pujols in StL?  How much money is enough?

OK.  Signing off.  I've lost the Verizon signal twice while writing this entry.  I'll try to add more tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: