Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday

Just a few lines tonight.  The best laid plans got washed away this evening with an unexpected dinner.  After a 5 o'clock tax appointment that hadn't made it to my calendar.  No spin class for you, LT!

60 degrees here today.  70 in Lincoln.  Double suite!  Even if only for a day.  All of the snow except the piles is gone.  And boy, do we have pot holes!

Looking forward to the weekend.  2 and I will do din-din in DM tomorrow night with our good friends, then take off for the TC early on Saturday.  Very curious on the changes in 1.01 since Christmas.  Watch for reports and pics here while we're on the road.  Hope the forecast for iffy weather on Monday stays as rain.

We marked another level on the technology ladder at the office today: a wireless router now allows us to use our laptops in our lower-level conference rooms where my pal Bill and I don't have hard-wired connections to our own network.  I had been able to get to my desktop from my Verizon card on this laptop, but Bill's laptop isn't similarly connected.  Everything is possible these days.  For a fee.

I was in a discussion over dinner about some recent local civil law suits where the attorney's for the plaintiff's have been quoted several times in the papers about how the complaints for damages are "not about the money".  It's about justice.  Right.  Uh, never forget this basic rules of lawyer-speak:  when they say, "It's not about the money."  Always remember, it's about the money!

All for today.  More from I-80 West tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: