Sunday, August 01, 2010

Sunday

Coming to you from the couch at SB's.  Looks and feels like it might be an August-hot day in the QCA.  I mean, it is August now.  And it will be hot.  Ergo.

The golf trip yesterday went pretyy-well-much as advetised.  I met the group at the Tipton exit on I-80 (hey to Herky!), and worked the NYT Saturday puzzle in a Suburban backseat for the next 90 minutes (in between sports talk).  The course was okay, but not great.  Which captures the description of my game as well.  My two-man team lost by one hole, thanks in part to my three-putt from 25 feet below the hole on 17.  Ugh!  I got back home by 7 or so and crashed early.  The back survived.  A decent day, but a long way to go to play golf with strangers at a so-so course.  I can do that lots of places locally.

My pal Ron was through here earlier with tales from RAGBRAI.  Good stories, but he and his sisters did a predominately G-rated ride, which translates to a lot of cycling, pies and other assorted culinary delights.  I was always a little more associated with the Bloody Mary crowd.  My bike made it up all of the hills except one on the last day that required an extra gear or two. 

They sold out the Iowa Speedway in Newton for last night's Nationwide race won by Sprint Cap regular Kyle Busch.  (How many private jets were used to transport the 6-8 Cup drivers back East to race ion today's event in Pocono?)  That's good for that track, especially given the reduced attendance at most NASCAR venues this year.  They're not ready for a Cup race, but I bet that there'll be talk of a second Nationwide date on that AAA-equivalent circuit. 

More here later.  I think I'll head over to Gold's and do the 10AM spin class.

BCOT

No comments: