Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday

Just a few lines tonight.  I've been busy this evening prepping for tomorrow's visit from the carpet/vinyl installer.  (I'm wondering what will go wrong.)  The kitchen and the basement floors are basically clear.  My pals Bill and Pete came over and helped with the big stuff.

Hard to believe that we need rain.  My yard is gradually turning brown. 

Enjoyed the Twitter comments about sharing the chocolate Butterfinger ice cream at Whitey's.  In the truck.  I'm guessing that the truck in that memory is the red and gray one with the jump seat.  I loved that truck.  But it had a gas appetite that was legendary.  It had two tanks, and I'd use both for those client trips over to Des Moines and back.  I elected to sell it when the fights among the crew over seating became too much to take.

With tomorrow being September, I'm guessing that a few baseball players are hoping that the Dog Days of Summer will be gone.  Players (and teams) get into slumps, and those hot August nights (and days if you're a Cub), often get the blame.  Heck, a slump can come along any time.  And usually stays longer than necessary to make the point that you have lost contact. 

So I'm headed to bed and catching up on that sleep lost to The Winniferous and the road.

Hey, 3!  Be a star!

BCOT

No comments: