Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday

We just had the best weather day here in months.  No humidity.  Warm, but not hot.  Sunny.  Little wind.  Pretty suite.

For the record, RevKev, I did go to the site that you referenced in yesterday's Comments.  I suppose that there is a point to be made by going bag-less.  But to me, it's a big "So what?"  It will be a boring book.

This is my last night alone in my own digs for a while.  I have The Winniferous tomorrow night, and then it's a couple of nights in Woodbury visiting 1.01, followed by Sunday night back home with The W.  (2 is off to Oklahoma for a long weekend and SRH and I have the pleasure of splitting W's company through Monday afternoon.)

What is it with shoe manufacturers lacing new shoes with the laces coming over the top of the lacing holes?  Is it for fashion?  It certainly doesn't serve function.

I'm guessing that we all have missed an appointment or two in the past by over-sleeping.  The alarm didn't go off.  I slept through the alarm.  (Whatever.  I missed at least three semesters of classes at ND without the benefit of an over-sleeping excuse.)  How 'bout highly-ranked pro golfer Jim Furyk being disqualified from this week's tournament for being late for his Wednesday morning Pro-Am tee time because his phone powered-down over night, and the alarm didn't ring? 

The PGA has very strict rules about making tee times, and if you miss even the Pro-Am, you're DQ'd for the tournament.  No excuses.  That'll cost Furyk a bunch of money.  Several hundred thousand if he hit the ball well.  Life's a beach.

Before Googling it, try to name a few members of the USA basketball squad for the FIBA World Basketball tournament?  Where is it being held?  When?  And they say the the WNBA can't draw!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

I totally agree. It's a little too extreme. I would like to a similar attempt made with a small backpack (small, not trekking size). Then it would be appealing to the everyday person. The vest lacks fashion and from my own experience walking up and down rivers with all of what I need on me in either a vest or pack - that vest would get old real quick.