Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday

I'm thinking that the mosque should be moved to the South lawn of the White House.  I mean, why wouldn't you?
The Iowa State Fair is open in Des Moines this week.  I'm sure that that matters to some folks.

The Perfect Neighbor's garden has started to produce.  I've been getting tomatoes and sweet peppers on a regular basis.  Lots better results than when I was trying to grow my own.

Brett Favre is back in Minnesota.  I've got to admit, I am really bored with the story.  When this stuff happens, sports talk radio and TV sports news can't get off the topic.  Every station.  Every show.  With baseball the only major sport in season, these ancillary stories get more airtime simply because there's not that much else to talk about.  The PGA penalty story had no legs.  People are tired of Lebrain-dead James.  I guess the NFL is the most popular sport when these pre-season soap-opera threads can dominate the news.

A sign of the economic times?  Biaggi's ran a $10 pasta entree special last night and the place was packed.  I ended up there at the last minute on an invitation from a friend/client who was rained-out of an evening's hike in the park.  And I couldn't figure out why the parking lot was full on a Tuesday night...and then standing-room-only in the bar area.  Then again, when Roy and I had been there for lunch a week or so ago, I had commented that the dining room was not that busy.  Hmmm.

The Taurus is back in action.  I had it through the repair shop on Monday for routine maintenance and a "Check Engine" light.  I'm always a little nervous about taking that car to the shop because you could leave it there for a week or two to fix everything.  And then the car's value would not likely increase as a result of said repairs.  But these guys were good about it, fixing only the critical items and not trying to over-sell the other stuff.  $155 included patching nail holes in two tires.  I felt good enough about the car's future to put in a full tank of gas on the way home. 

Looks like the sun will be out this afternoon.  And not too hot.  Maybe a bike ride after work.  Or a little earlier.

BCOT

No comments: