Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday

Another day in the sauna...

Last week's edition of Sports Illustrated had a good article about my buddy, Stan the Man Musial.  It's worth the read if you have the time.  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1172566/index.htm  As you may recall, Stan was my first interview here on 4000 Days when I ran into him in the elevator at our hotel during our FFF last Summer in StL.

I forgot to mention that my Saturday trip back to the QCA on I-80 included a motorcycle count in the hundreds of  hogs and the like headed West to Sturgis.  When we did those family vacations in the '80's and '90's (KC, Rapid City, Adventureland, etc.) at this time of year, the Sturgis migration was always on the road at the same time.  And there's always fatalities on the way to, while there, or on the way home.  They don't call 'em "donorcycles" for nothin'.

Headed out for a ride in the sunshine.  Suck it up, Buttercup!

BCOT


No comments: