Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday

My pal Pete and I went out for the early ride today and the humidity had to be nearly 100%.  Departure time is now 0600 rather than 0530 because of the shortening day.  Traffic is a little more dense.  And the corn has given one stretch of road an almost-tunnel feel as you look left or right, and all you see is corn rows.

The furnace A/C installation went according to plan.  The HVAC techs knew what they were doing, and made very little mess.  The A/C unit seems to be able to handle the heat without over-working itself.  Life is good.  I hope the furnace works as well come December.

Next up is the re-carpeting of the basement and a new piece of vinyl for the kitchen.  Home ownership means something always needs fixed/up-graded/replaced.  I'm glad I have a small house.

Fun in Muskie last night.  2's high school classmate who is the chef there does a nice job.  And the bar keeper has brought in some wine of my liking.  Good people in the membership.  The math works.

As I noted on Twitter, I received a 30% Off Everything from Kohl's this time, so I'll be loading up on end-of-season golf shirts.  I'm minorly embarassed that, 1) I have a retail store's credit card in my wallet, and 2) that my shopping protocol has been reduced (no pun intended) to a requirement of not paying sticker price for a golf shirt.  Then again, I only shop about twice a year.  And pretty much only at Kohl's.  Does that make me an old f**t or what?

Not sure why both LaRussa and Baker got suspensions for the dust-up in Cincy the other night.  It looked to me like it was all the Reds' doings.  In the old days, if the Cards' Bob Gibson was on the hill, the next guy up for Cincy would've been looking for a flak jacket.

Business dinner tonight at Biaggi's. 

Look for The Winniferous here tomorrow!

BCOT

4 comments:

3 said...

Peyton is so beautiful.

2 said...

I'm trying to get winnie excited for her visit but, lbh, winnie'll get excited to see lt pc without my help. She loves her grandparents ;) she's looking at me panting right now. Because its too hot to walk much she's been hiding and finding bones like crazy. And by finding I mean I've been crawling under beds and in closets to find them for her. Good luck dad.

camperkev said...

To answer your question UC, yes, it does.

1 said...

there was a time when you didn't get this excited about coupons. it's nice of you to join the rest of us and appreciate a bargain. and to 3, yes she is. more so everyday....you better get her over labor day.