Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday

Busy weekend for the LtPC.  I mad three trips to Muskie in the space of 24 hours, sandwiching a pathetic round of golf around cocktails with friends on Friday and Saturday nights.  The good part was that my pal Ron was my driver for two of the trips (and the Saturday evening gig was over by 8PM). 

My pal Pete and I did another 50 mile route to breakfast in DeWitt this morning.  A good ride, but the fog and humidity made it a Top Ten for dampness.  The 50 mile distance is more the result of repair work on our regular roads rather than a commitment to get to the half-century mark in mileage.  Little wind which was great.  Not bad traffic. 

(I had Pete swap out his bike seat for the one I bought in Lake Tahoe last month.  His saddle had been one of those hard-as-rock skinny things that is supposed to attest to a rider's embracing of the peloton.  Yeah.  Right.)

It looks like my kitchen vinyl and basement carpet will be installed this week.  My RCL will be in shock when she comes for her visit next time.  I hope. 

It looks like there will be some Winniferous sitting this coming weekend.  2's headed to Oklahoma.  I may be skipping out to the TC, so SRH may get the honors for most of the time.  Lucky her.

I managed to avoid all of the Fah-v-ra hype tonight.  NBC shamelessly promoted the pre-season game during the golf yesterday and today.  Like he was going to do other than a cameo for a meaningless game.  What a croc.

My internal calendar has the feel that this coming weekend should be the Labor Day holiday weekend. 

3 reports via Twitter that she's back in Beantown after a weekend with friends in DC.  Hope she finds time to add to her blog later this week.

I'll add more here in the AM.

BCOT

No comments: