Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thursday

This has been a perfect Fall day. Unfortunately, I was inside for most of the day.

My final 2007 extended individual income tax returns are due October 15th. With me on the road at a conference in Phoenix beginning Saturday, those returns need to be done by noon on Saturday morning. Tomorrow needs to be a big day.

Lots of panic in the market. Another day of selling. Very few wheels remain on the bus. The "experts" have so many explanations, its a wonder the rest of us slobs didn't see Armageddon coming. I have people calling me wanting to take their money out of anything that doesn't have FDIC guarantees. A" run on the bank" ain't far behind. All sellers. No buyers. Yet.

The Airliner in IC where 4 and I meet for Tuesday 1/2 price pizza, was a feature article in USA Today today. They're running a series on sports bars for college football watching. I tried to post the lengthy link, but couldn't get all the information input correctly. If you're interested, just go to usatoday.com, use their search window with "airliner", and the story will be pulled up.

In other IC related news, I have my pal Roy's parking pass for the Wisconsin game on October 18th. Burgers and brats just West of the stadium. All are welcome! Details to follow.

The U of Illinois is opening basketball practice on a portable floor at one end of their football stadium after the football game Saturday against Minnesota. In hopes of drawing 60,000 to their first practice. With a charity play on the deal. The NCAA had to give it the OK, and they also had to give a green light for an early Kentucky event as well. Now they've said that further exceptions will not be issued. My bet is that there's money involved for all parties.

Who wants to watch a so-so team do lay-up drills in a football stadium anyway?

I'm rooting for the LA Dodgers in the baseball playoffs. Manager Joe Torre was a Cardinal before he was a Yankee.

Have a great day.

BCOT

No comments: