Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday PM

Just a few extra lines this evening.

Congrats to 1.1 on his completion of the TC Marathon. In 4:11. Way to go, Matt!! If 1 gets me a photo, I'll get it up to honor our finisher.

I got my annual dose of Yule astonishment today when I stopped at Lowe's garden shop to pick up some Fall lawn fertilizer. The inside portion of the garden shop has been fully stocked and set up with Christmas ornaments/displays/fake trees/and everything else Christmas. Holiday sales are a big key for retailers, and it always amazes me at how early the shelves turn those festive red and green colors.

With the economy in the tank, I guess converting over to Christmas inventory is a natural response to try to boost sales. The stores have nothing to lose, except maybe they bring December sales in a little early. With the hope that the new year will be better. Biz is a beach.

The mistake I made with Direct TV was trying to get the change done by email (initially), and then when not sitting in front of the affected set when I tried to get Customer Service to fix their original fix. Once I got a technician on the phone while I was in front of the TV, she was able to dial into my receiver and make the necessary adjustment.

I also learned that if I ever decide to go HD, I'll need to spend more money with DirectTV to upgrade their equipment as well. Surprise me.

Hope everyone has a great week.

BCOT

No comments: