Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday

Here are the pics from 1.1's marathon yesterday. He is Son-in-law of the Day. It was a successful day, but not exactly beautiful weather. Maybe next year it will be a little more about the race, and less about meteorology.

Another down day on Wall Street. Haven't I said that too much recently? Anyway, this downturn has lots of permutations. And the showman Jim Cramer popped up on The Today Show this morning and made noise about people needing to get out of the market if they thought they needed assets within five years. Talk about stoking the fire. I had three calls today in which his comments were part of the discussion. The guy is a hack.

I'm not a fan of Dancing with the Stars, but a story on the sports wires today has Misty May Treanor (of Olympic bikini volleyball fame) dropping from the show because of injury. She ruptured her left Achilles tendon while rehearsing a "jive" dance. (The definition of jive dance being a mystery to me.) Her comment describing the injury, "I was taking a step and I felt like someone hit me in the back of my leg", was the same description that my pal Pete gave when his popped in a pick-up basketball game a couple years back on the hard court at Carver Hawkeye.

I have a little trip down to Burlington in the AM for the funeral of a friend's mother. I have a lot going on this week, and the trip is inconvenient, but in the long run, the funeral will always be more important than pushing some paperwork back at the office. With a cell phone from the road, you really don't have to be out of contact for very long.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

BCOT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some good lookin' pics!! I bet Lucy is glad she got to be there to share in the excitement!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support!!

1.1

Anonymous said...

her mom wasn't so happy she was there to share in the excitement. marathons and little dogs don't mix. we missed our ring-leader for the support crew...there was one wrong exit and one forgotten water bottle that never would have happened if there had been a pro piloting the group:)overall a crummy day for a run. we may be taking a sabatical from the TCM.