Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday


This is a shot of a visiting hawk in my back yard from earlier this month. Maybe he was trying to lower the population of field mice on the property. To my knowledge, he hasn't been back.

The butterfly just happened to light on the flower as I was focusing for the shot.

Amazing what you can see if you get up off the couch and walk outside.

More examples of how hard it is to take a bad picture with my camera. Although the results have not always been Grade A when there is someone else pushing the snapshot button. Actually, for Italy, I'm going to have to go to a smaller digital camera. Do they make auto-focus digital cameras?

The Iowa high school football playoffs will be decided this week. The braniacs decided to expand the field this year to 32 teams for each division. In 4A, you have just over 60 teams in total. Do the math. I think that you'll get at least one 4-5 team qualifying for the post-season. Must be a bunch of Democrats in charge. (Sorry. Just couldn't pass it up.)

Over to IC for Tuesday night at The Airliner with 4.

Have a great day.

BCOT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

I don't think this article describes any of our relatives, but you all probably know some people that fit the description of The Trophy Kids:

http://www.careerjournal.com/article/SB122455219391652725.html

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure if they dont have auto-focus digitals, your italy pics will be rough.

camperkev said...

UC, check out www.dpreview.com before buying your next camera. It has the most comprehensive reviews that I have been able to find. I've been able to take pretty good pics w/ my Canon Powershot 750, which is a small point & shoot digital. It's not as good as my Nikon D70, but it's small and compact and easy to carry around.