Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday

I pulled this off of a story about the Mars lander. Pretty cool. Amazing photography. Amazing technology.

21+ out around DCC tonight. I consciously weighed my options as I pulled out of the neighborhood: 1) fight the cars on the roads or, 2) fight the Greeks and others on the bike path. After last night being so cold and unfriendly, I knew that the bike path would be packed. So I opted for the roads.

Impatient drivers between 5 an 6. Them boys in the pick-em-ups don't like to share the road. You have the speed freaks doing 70 mph in a 45 zone, and one of every three drivers on a cell phone. And the bad guy is the geeky cyclist. Gotta love it on the open road!

1 says that she has pretty well recovered from her marathon. She's having thoughts of qualifying for Boston. Which will require her to shave just about seven minutes off her best time. An average of just under 8:30 miles. That hurts just thinking about it.

I think I came up with a title for my biography: What Happened? I came up with this title on the bike tonight. A quick Google-search suggests that this may not be a viable title though as there have been other genius's who have used variants for other books. My idea came as I considered my state in life as compared to other 60 year olds who are retired and completing their training rides in the late morning when traffic is nominal. At just which fork in the road did I get caught in the Slausen Cutoff?

So hope everyone has a good evening.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clarification re: qualifying for boston.
i am considering attempting to qualify for boston. there is a january race that is flat and at about the right time in my training program to be able to meet the qualifying time of 3:40. however, registration for boston opens september 3rd and there is little hope that the 25,000 limit will not have been reached come january. therefore, i may qualify for boston, but doubt that i will actually get to run it. debbie downer. i never considered running it before because i didn't think it was a possibility. now that i would possibly be able to qualify, it stinks that i won't be able to register in time. can i still get a t-shirt?