Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday

My regular 15 mile round trip route on the bike path has three Frisbee golf courses within view. And the courses get a lot of play. All of them are along the creek, and players are always in there trying to fetch their discs from errant throws.

I remember stashing a Frisbee in my car when I was in the USAF in Dover in the early '70's. When I would travel to D.C. for weekends to visit friends and girlfriends, I had to deal with traffic back-ups on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. They actually would make the bridge one-way toward the beaches on Friday, and one-way toward the city on Sunday. Since I was always going against traffic, I always had to deal with down time. Hence, the Frisbee, to offer to other similarly stranded motorists. It wasn't that much fun.

I know that it is unofficially Summer now that Memorial Day is passed, but I actually turned the heat back on in my house tonight. They're talking lows in the 40's. After a warm 80 degree day yesterday, I'm thinking that Mother Nature is a bit bi-polar. Pun intended. The ESPN baseball game tonight was at Wrigley, and the fans looked like it was March in South Bend. Global warming, eh?

The NASA/JPL nerds landed another space-craft on Mars. This one with a more conventional reverse-thruster landing. No sight of our cousin in any of the NASA photos. Even ones taken on this planet. Seriously. (I think that the rovers that they landed there 3-4 years ago are still wandering about. Taking a licking and keeping on ticking.)

I won my bet with my friend on the Indiana Jones movie weekend gate. They're talking about $150+ million for the holiday weekend. I think that the masses are so bored that they'll follow the old-time successes off the cliff. Rocky? Pirates? Rambo? I guess that the new question will be about the next Indy flick.

Has there been a female movie star that could reprise the same star character for multiple movies since Shirley Temple?

I did my DeWitt 47 mile ride on Saturday before we took off for Rochester. That was the first time for that ride since my thumb accident before the wedding. No excitement. I needed the mileage as TOMRV is just a week from Saturday. My pal Pete is riding TOMRV with me, which is good because, if there's a head wind, I'm hanging in his draft all the way to Galena.

Hope everyone has a good week.


BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha said

Wonder if our cousin Peter is still involved with the Mars thing.