Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday


This is a view of McCausland, Iowa from about 5,000 feet. McCausland was the regular destination for The Monday Night Ride when I first started riding. There's a bar at the lower right corner of the main intersection (the yellow dot) that was our turn-around point. About 16 miles one-way from Gov's in Bettendorf.

So anyway, I did my first trip of 2008 to McCausland today. It wasn't much fun. A West-North-West wind that never let up. I'm not so sure that the wind wasn't almost as strong as it was a couple of weeks back when my pal Pete and I wimped-out and did a tailwind ride.

1.1 finished Fargo in under five hours today. Congrats to the man. Doing more than one marathon in less than a year is Psychology 101 material, but then again, who am I to judge? I have my own issues.

2 and I were joined at Biaggi's last night by my pals Roy and Pete, plus a couple of others. Plenty of Tuscan red. It was a bit of a pre-birthday party for 2.

BTW, Happy Tax Birthday to 2.

Somehow I missed the fact that today is Armed Forces Day. They had several local events here and I would have attended if I had seen any notices.

I did buy my tomato plants at the Farmer's Market this AM. The plan is to plant them tomorrow. I swear, throw up some tents, display some goods, and the folks with nothing better to do will show up. Like me. With Margret for a little show.

Regular Sunday blog from SB's in the AM.

BCOT

No comments: