Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday


The title of tonight's entry could easily be, 4000 Days' Biggest Loser. Obviously, there's a story to be told.

First we have The Grim Reaper, otherwise known today as Piper Jaffray & Company. 3 got the message last night that the decision to close the C-town office appeared imminent. The ax fell today. From afar, the office closure was an all-too-personal by-product of the U.S. economic slowdown. As a fairly low-level analyst, 3 was a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So just to review, this smiling-face beauty is not the biggest loser here. PJ & Co effectively threw the baby out with the bathwater. 3 accepted her job 6-8 months before the mortgage crisis hit the surface of public knowledge. Everybody but the short sellers got caught in the mess.

3 will land on her feet. She's got the talent and the moxie. Every bump in the road means that an opportunity is ahead. Stay tuned.


The goof ball in blue is a candidate for for biggest loser. He lost the Monday Night Ride draft on the first hill North of 53rd Street. Now, I did have my chain lock when I shifted down on the front chain ring, but it wouldn't have mattered much. I was huffing and puffing just to keep up on the downhill past 53rd.

The group has changed a lot over the years. I know the three or four oldtimers, but the newbee's are all anally-inclined, speed and mileage guys. I have little in common with their goals and objectives. Or cycling talent.

It got late all of a sudden. My computer skills were severely tested to get these pictures displayed, and in the right order. I had put the two photos on my desktop, but had left the disk at the office. So I had to dial in and jump on my desktop to get the pics, which I couldn't find at first, and then I disconnected and edited from the laptop. It was work!

More tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: